The White Tie Affair
Hailing from Chicago, Illinois, The White Tie Affair has emerged as a force to be reckoned with. Their debut album "Walk This Way" includes their hit singles "Allow Me to Introduce Myself… Mr. Right" and "Candle (Sick and Tired)." Last year, they were asked to perform at the Playboy Mansion for their Pajama Party. They've recently been touring the states with Lady Gaga, and summer will find them rocking the stages of Warped Tour.
Before their April 6 performance at the House of Blues Orlando, the four members of the band (Sean P, Chris, Ryan, and Tim) met with me to discuss their roots, tour life, and rocking out inside the gates of the Playboy Mansion.
During the interview, I learned one more thing about The White Tie Affair- before shows, they like to joke around, drink beer, and make R. Kelly references.
NW: Tell me about the Chicago scene and how you got started.
Chris: We were all in different bands at first, called Perfect Gentlemen and Made in Hollywood. When we met, we all agreed that we wanted to start a band that was more pop-based, and it all kind of grew from there.
NW: How has working with Epic records been?
Tim: They're awesome.
Ryan: Well, they haven't robbed us blind yet… (laughs)
Tim: Everyone there is focused on the big picture, and everyone's been really cool. We're working hard together. It's a really good family of people.
Sean P: We've earned our way up, so it's been really good. We haven't hit a bump yet.
NW: Obviously, your fans have received your two hit singles "Allow Me to Introduce Myself" and "Candle" pretty well, but what's your favorite song from your album?
Chris: I'd have to say "The Way Down."
Sean P: …"Chocolate Factory"?
Tim: I've never heard the record before.
NW: What's the hardest part of tour life?
Sean P: I think the physical part of touring is the worst. The days go by so fast, and you might get seven hours of sleep one night, and four the next. We haven't had a free day in a really long time.
Ryan: You're always on the clock.
Chris: When you step on a stage and see a thousand people screaming your name, though, it all goes away. It doesn't matter anymore.
NW: How do you like touring with Lady Gaga?
Chris: It's awesome. The shows sell out, and her fans are crazy. A lot of people are drunk for the shows too, which is cool because they like us a lot (laughs).
NW: Tell me about your involvement with Playboy Enterprises. How did that association start?
Chris: It started off with the label. They pitched the idea, and one of Hef's girlfriends liked it. So we ended up playing at their Pajama Party in 2008.
Sean P: We were in the November issue, too, and we did a small tour.
Chris: We pretty much have an open invitation to the Playboy mansion now.
Ryan: It's like having the key to the city! (laughs)
NW: If you weren't performing, what would you be doing?
Chris: Well, Tim would be a porn star. Obviously.
Tim: I like being recognized. One time I got a free piece of tiramisu from Olive Garden.
Sean P: And you liked it?
Tim: It was the best thing ever besides water and shelter.
NW: Besides possibly taking up your ‘open invitation' to the Playboy mansion, what are your plans for after this tour?
Chris: We're going to keep touring, with Warped Tour this summer.
Sean P: We'll be touring until September with that.
Chris: Besides that, we're always working on new stuff.
Tim: What's that day that the world's supposed to end… 2012 or something?
Ryan: We'll stop touring before then.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Stetson Reporter News Articles
Recent Stetson Reporter News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR STETSON REPORTER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST STETSON REPORTER NEWS
RECENT STETSON REPORTER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections